The Denver Foundation "Our Future in the Making"
1. Eligibility: The Our Future in the Making Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to individuals who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of The Denver Foundation or its affiliate or supporting organizations, as well as their immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members are not eligible to enter. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Sponsor and Administrator: The Denver Foundation, 55 Madison Street, 8th Fl., Denver, CO.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The Contest begins on October 5, 2015 at 12:00 a.m. Mountain Standard Time ("MST") and ends on November 30, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. MST (the "Contest Period"). The weekly Contest winners will be announced on a weekly basis.
Sponsor's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
5. How to Enter: You can enter the Contest in three different ways: By posting a 90 word or less entry or 90 second or less video to Facebook, by tweeting the entry in 90 characters or less to Twitter, or by posting an entry to Instagram. All submissions MUST include the hashtag #DenverNext90 to be eligible. By making a submission to the Contest, participants indicate an agreement that they have read, accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules of the Contest.
Contestants may enter Submissions to one or more of the Contest platforms hereafter referred to as your submission ("Submission"). The name of the person submitting the entry must be the authorized account holder of the social media platform, otherwise entry may be deemed void. In the event of a dispute over the identity of a potential winner, the entry will be declared by the authorized account holder of the social media account at the time of entry, and potential winner may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she is the authorized account holder of such account. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify the Sponsor in writing if the entrant changes his or her e-mail or postal address during the Contest period. By uploading your Submission, you agree that your Submission conforms to the Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove your Submission and disqualify you from the Promotion if it believes that your Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
- Submissions taken on behalf of an agency or organization, or that feature the work of an agency or organization, must list the name of that entity within the description and must have the organization’s written consent of and compliance with the rules of the Contest prior to submission.
- The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- The Submission must not disparage the Sponsor or any other person or party affiliated with the Promotion;
- The Submission must not contain brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor, which entrant has a limited license to use to incorporate in his/her Submission in this Contest;
- The Submission must not contain images, slogans, or artwork not created by entrant;
- The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous, or libelous;
- The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred, or harm against any group or individual or that promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age; and
- The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to federal or state laws or regulations.
Additionally, entrants represent and warrant that their Submissions:
- Do not infringe any other person’s or entity’s rights;
- Are their own original creations;
- Do not contain the full name, contact information, or any other identifying facts or personal information of the entrant or any other persons involved in the Submission;
- Do not contain crude, vulgar or offensive pictures, depictions, images, language and/or symbols;
- Do not contain gratuitous violence, gun or other imagery or gestures of weapons;
- Do not contain nudity;
- Do not contain explicit, graphic or sexual activity;
- Do not contain commercial products (e.g., clothing, toys, food) and/or their trademarks, brands or logos;
- Do not contain hard liquor, beer, wine or other alcohol use or product images;
- Do not contain license plates, phone numbers, personal addresses – physical or email or otherwise;
- Do not contain Website or web page links;
- Do not contain music, lyrics, photos, artwork, and any other such elements for which full releases, including without limitation the ability to use the elements in perpetuity without restriction as to type of media, time, or place, have not been obtained by entrant;
- Do not contain illegal drug or alcohol and tobacco use or abuse;
- Have not been submitted previously in a contest of any kind; and
- Has obtained all necessary rights, permissions, consents, approvals and releases from any persons or commercial entities shown, involved in the creation, displayed or who does or may have any interest or rights in connection with the content submitted.
Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Entrant must have permission from all individuals that appear in the Submission (if any) to use their name and likeness in the Submission and to grant the rights set forth herein. If requested, entrant must be able to provide such permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor. Uploading a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission. Released Parties (as defined in Section 9, below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Submissions, all of which will be void.
In the event of a dispute as to any Submission, the authorized account will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning an email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
6. Winner Determination: A panel of qualified judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will score each Submission based on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
Creativity and Originality (25%)
Expression of Theme (35%)
Promotes collaboration (10%)
Subject to the entrants' compliance with these Official Rules, one winner in each of the 3 platforms (Facebook. Instagram, and Twitter) will be determined each week, in their sole discretion, by the panel of judges.
7. Winner Requirements: The Our Future in the Making Contest winners will each be notified by message the week following their submission. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to reply in a timely fashion, does not comply with these Official Rules, or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up, if any, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Only three (3) alternate winners may be determined each week, after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s name, city, state, likeness, Submission and/or prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
Without limiting the generality of these Official Rules, winner shall irrevocably grant, transfer, convey and assign to Sponsor the entirety of the rights in and to the Submission and all renewals and extensions of copyright, and the right to secure copyright registrations thereto in perpetuity including, without limitation, the rights to use the Submission for any and all purposes in any and all media whether now known or hereafter developed, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity. Winner accepts and acknowledges that Sponsor shall not be obligated to use the Submission and that Sponsor in its sole discretion shall have the right to refrain from using the Submission. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder. Winner will indemnify Sponsor, Released Parties (as defined in Section 9, below) and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms.
8. Prizes: Up to three (3) prizes will be awarded, one for each of the three social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), each week. The winners’ submission will be featured on The Denver Foundation’s web page and social media platforms in addition to other potential publications.
Limit: One (1) prize per person.
9. Release: By receipt of any prize, all winners agree to release and hold harmless Facebook, the Sponsor and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
10. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If the Contest is terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible Submissions received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Submission process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated Submissions. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limitations of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Submission process or the Contest; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the uploading, the processing or judging of Submissions or votes or the tabulating of votes, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Submissions or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of any Submission.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for Colorado; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Colorado without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Colorado or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Colorado.
13. Winner Announcement: Winners will be announced on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and on the Sponsor’s website.
14. Contact information: For general inquiries about the contest please email firstname.lastname@example.org.