In 2018, Community Grants in Economic Opportunity will focus on improving the economic health of people and communities facing the biggest barriers to economic equity.
- Build community wealth by developing and keeping economic resources, including people, in communities with below average income.
- Support the most vulnerable residents of communities who are working to develop the local economy.
- Support comprehensive job training for those facing barriers to employment such as history of incarceration, undocumented status, experience of homelessness, and living with a disability (examples only). Training should focus on career pathways and attainment of a livable wage, and should include job placement, post-employment support, and the ability to track program participant outcomes over time.
- Increase access to capital for entrepreneurs and business owners who are unable to access traditional capital markets.
- Support organizing, advocacy, and policy reform work relating to these goals.
Give to Economic Opportunity