In 2018, Community Grants in Education will focus on Culturally Responsive Education and Leadership* as a strategy for increasing engagement and academic achievement for P-12 students.
- Promote programs and systems that ensure every child enters school ready to learn, with a focus on early childhood education and the transitions between grades 5/6 and 8/9.
- Support research-based practices that impact school culture including diversity and equity, teaching practices, and the relationships among administrators, teachers, parents, and students.
- Support research-based practices that impact school climate including social, emotional learning, discipline, dropout prevention, and wraparound supports.
- Support programs that prioritize arts education as a means of increasing school readiness, student engagement, or academic success.
- Support organizing, advocacy, and policy reform work relating to these goals.
Give to Education