It is easy to help your client establish a personal charitable fund and the task can be completed in a few days.
- First, decide what type of contribution the client would like to use to establish the fund. A donor can contribute cash, securities, or other property.
- Select a name for the fund. Clients can use their own name, the name of a family member, or one they invent.
- Designate fund advisors such as the client and spouse, and successor advisors such as children.
- Complete and sign a simple governing document (fund agreement) that we will provide and help customize for the donor.
If you are interested in reading samples of our Fund Agreement, guidelines for our various funds, or details of our Gift Acceptance Policy, please contact the Philanthropic Services Group at 303.300.1790.
Once the fund is established, donors may:
- Add to the fund at any time with any dollar amount.
- Specify how grant disbursements are to be acknowledged: in the name of the fund or anonymously.
- If a donor-advised fund has been established, the donor may recommend distributions from their fund to qualified charities, locally or throughout the United States.
Ready to get started? Need more answers? Call 303.300.1790.