A need-and-merit-based scholarship to complete your degree.
The Reisher Scholars Program provides comprehensive unmet need scholarships to students nominated through one of six partner institutions: Colorado Mesa University, Colorado State University, Metropolitan State University of Denver, University of Colorado Denver, University of Colorado - Colorado Springs, and University of Northern Colorado.
Students either enter the program as rising sophomores currently attending one of the partner institutions or as transfer students from a community college entering the partner institution as juniors.
The Reisher Scholars Program supports students who have already demonstrated academic and leadership potential as undergraduates and who demonstrate one or more of the following personal qualities: highly motivated, goal-oriented, responsible, and/or likely to make a contribution to society as evidenced by community service, leadership activities, work experience, or unusual experiences.
In order to be selected as a Reisher Scholar, a student must:
- Be a Colorado resident.
- Planning to enroll in the fall as a full-time college student working toward their first four-year degree at one of the Reisher Partner Universities.
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
- Have financial need with a total unmet need of at least $4,000 but not more than $11,000.
- Be a rising sophomore or incoming transfer student from a community college.
- Demonstrate one or more of the following personal qualities: highly motivated, goal-oriented, responsible, and/or likely to make a contribution to society as evidenced by community service, leadership activities, work experience, or unusual experiences.
- Reach out to the Reisher Coordinator at one of the six participating universities. Application processes vary by institution, so please reach out to the university directly for specific information on how to apply.
Once selected, in order to continue to receive funding, a Reisher Scholar must:
- Continue to be a Colorado resident.
- Enroll as a full-time college student and complete at least 12 credits per semester.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
- Not incur additional indebtedness in excess of $1,500 per year for each academic year that they are a Reisher Scholar.
- Work an average of ten hours per week during the school year.
- Continue to have financial need.