In order to be selected as a Reisher Scholar, a student must:
- Be a Colorado resident.
- Planning to enroll in the fall as a full-time college student working toward their first four-year degree at one of the Reisher Partner Universities.
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
- Have financial need with a total unmet need of at least $4,000 but not more than $11,000.
- Be a rising sophomore or incoming transfer student from a community college.
- Demonstrate one or more of the following personal qualities: highly motivated, goal-oriented, responsible, and/or likely to make a contribution to society as evidenced by community service, leadership activities, work experience, or unusual experiences.
Once selected, in order to continue to receive funding, a Reisher Scholar must:
- Continue to be a Colorado resident.
- Enroll as a full-time college student and complete at least 12 credits per semester.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
- Not incur additional indebtedness in excess of $1,500 per year for each academic year that they are a Reisher Scholar.
- Work an average of ten hours per week during the school year.
- Continue to have financial need.