Wise Women Give
Give to the Wise Women Give Fund...Click here!
For more information contact Faye Ganley, President of Wise Women Give, at email@example.com.
African Community Center chosen as Wise Women Give Grantee: May 2013 - July 2013
We chose the African Community Center as our second quarter grantee for 2013.
The African Community Center helps refugees from countries all over the world to rebuild safe, sustainable lives in Denver through supportive networks of people, services, and community activities.
All dollars contributed to Wise Women Give in May, June, and July will benefit the African Community Center.
Interested in volunteering for African Community Center?
Click on this link to find out volunteer opportunities. When the Center celebrates World Refugee Day in June, we'll have lots more opportunities to share.
Mission of Wise Women Give
Our mission is to connect socially conscious women in Metro Denver with each other, with local charities, and with the joy of giving!
What’s new with Wise Women Give?
- Instead of meeting every month in a different location, we’ll be having quarterly potlucks at The Denver Foundation (55 Madison, 7th Floor Community Room in Cherry Creek).
- Each meeting, we’ll choose a charity to receive our support and volunteer focus for the next three months.
- In between meetings, we’ll have the chance to do different volunteer activities with the charity. We’ll also make contributions that will be pooled for a gift to the charity at the end of the quarter. ($35/month suggested donation; any amount is welcome.)
- Then we’ll celebrate with leaders from the charity at our next meeting, to hear about how our support has helped.
So join us to meet new people, connect with old friends, hear from dynamic community leaders, and do good for those in need!
2012 Potluck Dates
Wise Women Do Give!
Since its founding in 2010, Wise Women Give has distributed more than $15,000 to 25 organizations.
Did you see our story on 9News and our article in Your Hub in the Denver Post?
To learn more about Wise Women Give, read about our past events:
Launched in 2010, Wise Women Give brings women together in monthly “parties with a purpose” that benefit charities. The parties are hosted by local businesses that want to support the community while connecting with potential new customers.
Wise Women give where they live!
Who receives support?
The charities supported by Wise Women Give are 501c3 nonprofit organizations located in Metro Denver. The charities generally fall into the following guidelines:
- We support organizations serving children, empowering women, and improving the community.
- We especially like to help organizations that have women in leadership roles, as founders, board members, or key staff.
- We enjoy helping organizations for which our party would generate a significant gift. These organizations or programs usually have a smaller budget size.
How can you get involved?
Are you a Wise Woman? Join us at one of our parties! The recommended gift is $35 per month, a tax-deductible donation...but give what you can!
Like us on Facebook Click here for the page...
Are you connected to a charity that might benefit from Wise Women Give? Contact us and let us know…our volunteers will determine if you are a good match for our group. Past charities include the Stinkbug Project, Lovelets, Clothes to Kids, Downtown Aurora Visual Arts, and Fit, Fun, Literacy (a program of the Denver Public Schools).
Wise Women Give is a fund of The Denver Foundation, Colorado’s oldest and largest community foundation. All donations are tax-deductible to the full extent of the law.
For more information contact Faye Ganley, President of Wise Women Give, at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit denverfoundation.org.
Wise Women Give in Action
On March 6, members of Wise Women Give joined Give Denver staff and volunteers to make spring gift baskets for children in need!